Race Details – Sunday 6th October 2019 at 09:30 / Black Park Country Park, Wexham, South Bucks, SL3 6DS
- COLLECTING YOUR RACE PACKS. Your race packs include your Race Bib Number (which must be displayed at all times) & your Chip Timing Loop (follow instructions on the back of the chip- any issues speak to Chip Timing Company)
- OF THE LEFT AT ALL TIMES. The course is measured using the left carriageway. Any runner seen crossing into the right hand side (expect the immediate run-out from the start) will be deemed as running “off course” and their race number will be reported to the race director. Camera evidence maybe used. Bedsides it would be careless and dangerous. The 10k race is 2 laps.
- NO ACCOMPANYING DOGS OR CYCLES. THE COURSE IS UNSUITABLE FOR WHEELCHAIRS AND BUGGIES. SORRY!
- IF YOU FEEL UNWELL, REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO A COURSE MARSHAL. At no time will you be more than 600 meters from a post. Otherwise, let another runner know you need assistance and warn a course marshal on your behalf. We all have a duty of care.
- REMEMBER PARKING CHARGES APPLY. Parking charges apply all year round. You can pay and display at a machine on site or buy an annual permit online. All pay and display machines take both coins and card payment and do not give change. Motorcycles and blue badge holders park for free. IF YOU HAVE AN ANNUAL PARKING PASS, PLEASE IGNORE THIS SECTION AND FOLLOW YOUR NORMAL PROCEDURE WHEN PARKING.
- THE WEARING OF HEADPHONES IS FORBIDDEN. UKA RULE. The roads are shared with cars. There are no pavements. The race insurance is in jeopardy, if an accident occurs and runners are seen to be wearing headphones. Beware of live traffic.
- ALLOW 15 MINUTES TO GET TO THE START LINE. Its a short walk and will be sign posted from Race HQ. We do have a Road Closure Order in place for the start of the race. This will take effect from 09:15. Be aware of live traffic on the road before that time . Officials will gather all runners on the start line prior to 09:30 and the race will have a lead car.
- THE RACE HAS AN OVERALL DROP OF LESS THAN 10 METERS. This meets the IAAF criteria and carries a UKA Certificate of Course Accuracy (Course No: 10/257)
- THE FINISH is located near Race HQ and car park.
- THERE ARE AWARDS. This will be announced shortly after all runners have completed the race. Categories are overall 1st, 2nd & 3rd Male & Females / Plus age categories 40+, 50+, 60+, 70+ Male & Female plus Largest Club Attendance Shield for the club that has the most runners complete the race under their Club.
Our nominated Charity is South Bucks Hospice. They will be at Race HQ and all donations however big or small all makes a difference. We have a target of £1000 and welcome anyone who wants to run for free but can guarantee to raise a minimum £300 For full details please contact Bamford Group on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we hope you enjoy the race
Nicholas Bamford – Race Director